Apr 20, 2021
Bob Burg; Sales expert, Speaker, and Author.
Today’s Episode Summary:
On today’s podcast, I have a very special guest, Mr. Bob Burg; a
sales expert, speaker, and author of several books on sales,
marketing and influence, with total book sales approaching two
million copies. Bob started his career 40 years ago with a sales
system that changed his destiny in the world of sales forever and
now he is helping other people to grow in sales. Bob also has a
library and has turned the knowledge and wisdom of other people
into his own through its right application. Today Bob is sharing
with us his wisdom of 40 years on sales and he is also entertaining
questions of our Clubhouse audience.
- Bob explains that selling a product/service is not just about
going out and telling people about it. It’s about having a
well-proven system that guarantees to generate more sales. Such
type of sales system is usually based on logical and specific set
of ‘how to’ principles which can help you to predictably achieve
- Secondly, don’t make “money” as your prime reason of sales.
Rather focus on providing “value” to your customers because money
is just a reward for hitting the target of serving others. If you
will approach selling this way, people will willingly exchange
their money with the value, they will also be your walking
ambassadors, and they will refer you to everybody.
- As a salesperson, you should focus on the wants and desires of
your customer. You should provide them value that THEY think is a
value, not what YOU think is a value.
- If you are a Solopreneur or you are running a small company
then you should focus on making enough money so that you could
afford to hire people who could take care of your administrative
work. And if you will not hire someone at some stage or point, you
won't be able to grow sustainably.
- If you want that your employees, particularly young employees,
follow the core values of your company then you should remind them
again and again what your core values are and how your business
wants them to work. Secondly, your own actions must be aligned with
your core values otherwise your employees won’t follow these values
- If you want to increase charges for your service, first make
sure you are providing a significant amount of value. Secondly,
calculate the number of hours you are giving to a client (whose
rates you want to increase); if you are investing X amount of time
on a client, that X you can give to 2 clients, you should better
increase your rates.
These are few sales tips from our honorable guest & sales
expert; Mr. Bob Burg. All of these tips have the potential to
generate more sales and bring more money into your hands.
If you are selling any product/service and your sales are
stagnant and you want to grow them then don't miss this episode.
You will get a mind-changing sales approach in this podcast and it
will help you to generate more sales for your business.
To learn more about “How to generate more sales”, take
advantage of this podcast and listen to the 40 years of Bob's
experience just in 1 hr &13 min.
What You Will Learn from this Episode:
- How Bob discovered a well-proven sales system to boost his
- Definition of a “sales system” that can give you the desired
- Why do salespeople fail?
- Relationship of personal development with sales.
- What is the best way to approach selling?
- Importance of providing value to the customer.
- Concept of ‘Price’ vs. ‘Value’.
- ‘Value’ from customer’s perspective vs. ‘value’ from a
- Importance of ‘asking questions’ and ‘listening’ in the field
- Importance of Sandler’s sales model.
- Books of Bob and their impact on people’s lives.
What you will learn from Q&A session b/w audience
& Bob Burg
- How you can increase sales if you are a solopreneur or running
a small company?
- How you can engage your employees with your company
- Is there any incongruence between “being a Go-Giver” &
“having a targeted market”?
- How to balance “being good to everyone” & being
- How to be authentically curious & genuinely ask questions
in any meeting or conversation?
- When you should increase the rates of your product or
- How to reduce the communication gap with your clients?
- How to judge if you are providing value to your client are
The Episode Timeline:
[00:00]– Introduction of Bob Burg.
[00:58]- How Bob discovered the system to step-up the game of
[04:22]- Definition of a right SYSTEM that gives the desired
result in sales.
[05:34]- Personal development is part of sales.
[06:29]- Books of Bob and their impact on people’s lives.
[10:15]- Characters in Bob’s book- ‘Go-Giver’- and their link to
Bob’s own sales story.
[13:00]- The best way to approach selling: “do not focus on
money, focus on providing the value.”
[15:46]- People buy for their reasons, not for your reasons.
[16:40]- Money is a byproduct of the value you are giving.
[20:49]- Why salespeople fail?
[21:06]- Concept of ‘Price’ and ‘Value’ explained.
[22:08]- “Subjective truths of human beings vs. real truths”;
concept explained in the context of sales.
[24:24]- Importance of asking questions and listening properly
for closing more sales.
[26:06]- Last piece of advice from Bob for the listeners.
[27:18]- David Sandler’s Sales Model.
[28:09]- Contact detail of Bob and his resources.
[29:41]– Q & A session with Bob Burg (introduction).
[31:16]- Q1: How to increase sales if you are a solopreneur or
running a small company?
[35:23]- Q2: How to engage employees with company values?
[39:14]- Q3: How to balance “being good to everyone” & being
[43:22]- Q4: How to be authentically curious & genuinely ask
questions in any meeting or conversation?
[46:25]- Q5: When you should increase charges of your
[58:01]- Q6: How to reduce the communication gap with your
[1:00:40]- Q7: How to quantify if you are providing value to
your client are not (particularly in a situation where it’s not
[1:03:31]- Q8: What is the one big thing in Bob’s
Golden Nuggets from Episode:
- “If you want to make a lot of money in sales then don’t have
‘making money’ as your target. Your target is serving others. And
when you hit this target, you will get a reward and that reward
will come in the form of money. Remember that money is simply the
reward for hitting the target of serving others.” –Bob
- “Great salesmanship is never about the salesperson or product
or service. Great salesmanship is about the other person. It’s
about adding immense value to the lives of those you touch.”
- “Money is simply an echo of value.” –Bob
- “You don’t make money out of a hobby.” –Bob
- “Money follows the value” –Bob Burg
- “If you are serving a client, your goal is to get them to the
finish line; your goal is to get them the result that you agreed
upon. That result doesn’t matter how much money they are paying
you.” –Corey Berrier
- “Will it make money? It isn’t a bad question. It is a great
question; it is just a bad first question. The first question
should be does it serve? Will it bring immense value to other human
beings?” –Bob Burg
- “Value is always in the eyes of the beholder. It’s not what we
think is valuable about this OR what we think they should think is
valuable about this. It’s what THEY think is valuable about this.”
- “If you want to be curious, MAKE A DECISION TO BE CURIOUS.
Because action inspires feeling.” –Bob Burg
- “Solopreneurs first do everything on their own and then little
by little they find right people who can replace them in certain
areas.” –Bob Burg
Bob Burg’s Website:
My Website & Social Media
Facebook: @Corey Berrier
Twitter: @ successfullifepodcast
Linkedin: Corey Berrier- Successful Life
YouTube: Successful Life Podcast